- Cooling-off period: the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
- Consumer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and who enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
- Day: calendar day;
- Duration transaction: a distance agreement with regard to a series of products and / or services, the delivery and / or purchase obligation of which is spread over time;
- Sustainable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
- Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to cancel the distance agreement within the cooling-off period;
- Model form: the model form for withdrawal that the entrepreneur makes available that a consumer can fill in when he wants to make use of his right of withdrawal;
- Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products and / or services to consumers at a distance;
- Distance agreement: an agreement whereby, in the context of a system for distance selling of products and / or services organized by the entrepreneur, until the conclusion of the agreement use is made exclusively of one or more techniques for communication on distance;
- Technology for distance communication: means that can be used to conclude an agreement, without the consumer and trader being in the same place at the same time.
- General Terms and Conditions: the present General Terms and Conditions of the entrepreneur.
- These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the entrepreneur and to every distance agreement and orders between entrepreneur and consumer.
- Before the distance agreement is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions is made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance agreement is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions can be viewed at the entrepreneur and they will be sent free of charge as soon as possible at the request of the consumer.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, contrary to the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions may be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that it is consumer can be stored in a simple way on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, it will be indicated before the distance contract is concluded where the general terms and conditions can be read electronically and that they will be sent free of charge electronically or otherwise at the request of the consumer.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply mutatis mutandis and in the event of conflicting general terms and conditions, the consumer can always invoke the applicable provision which, for him, most beneficial.
- If at any time one or more provisions of these general terms and conditions are wholly or partially invalid or become void, the remainder of the agreement and these terms and conditions will remain in force and the provision in question will be replaced without delay by a provision that approached the scope of the original as much as possible.
- Situations that are not regulated in these terms and conditions must be assessed 'in the spirit' of these terms and conditions.
- Uncertainties about the interpretation or content of one or more provisions of our terms and conditions must be explained "in the spirit" of these terms and conditions.
- If an offer is of limited duration or subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- The offer is without obligation. The entrepreneur is entitled to change and adjust the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and / or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images, these are a true representation of the products and / or services offered. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
- All images, specifications, data in the offer are indicative and cannot give rise to compensation or termination of the agreement.
- Images of products are a true representation of the products offered. Entrepreneur cannot guarantee that the displayed colors exactly match the real colors of the products.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer. This concerns in particular:
- The agreement is subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, concluded at the time the consumer accepts the offer and meets the corresponding conditions.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately confirm receipt of the acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the entrepreneur has not confirmed receipt of this acceptance, the consumer can terminate the agreement.
- If the agreement is concluded electronically, the Entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate security measures.
- The entrepreneur can - within the law - inform himself if the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as of all those facts and factors that are important for a sound conclusion of the distance agreement. If on the basis of this investigation the entrepreneur has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request or to attach special conditions to the implementation.
- The entrepreneur will send the following information with the product or service to the consumer, in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable medium:
Right of withdrawal
- When purchasing products, the consumer has the option of dissolving the contract within 14 days without giving any reason. This cooling-off period starts on the day following receipt of the product by the consumer or a representative designated in advance by the consumer and announced to the entrepreneur.
- During the cooling-off period, the consumer will handle the product and packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he exercises his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all accessories supplied and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
- If the consumer wishes to make use of his right of withdrawal, he is obliged to make this known to the entrepreneur within 14 days of receiving the product. The consumer must make this known using the model form. After the consumer has indicated that he wants to make use of his right of withdrawal, the customer must return the product within 14 days. The consumer must prove that the goods delivered were returned on time, for example by means of proof of shipment.
- If after the expiry of the periods referred to in paragraphs 2 and 3, the customer has not indicated that he wishes to make use of his right of withdrawal or resp. the product has not been returned to the entrepreneur, the purchase is a fact.
- Upon delivery of services, the consumer has the option of dissolving the agreement without giving any reason for at least 14 days, starting on the day of entering into the agreement.
- To make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer must comply with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the trader with the offer and / or at the latest upon delivery.
Costs in case of withdrawal
- If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, the costs of the return shipment will be borne at most.
- If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than within 14 days after the withdrawal. This is subject to the condition that the product has already been received back by the web retailer or conclusive proof of complete return can be submitted.
Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
- The entrepreneur can exclude the right of withdrawal of the consumer for products as described in paragraph 2 and 3. The exclusion of the right of withdrawal only applies if the entrepreneur clearly states this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement , has stated.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
- That have been created by the entrepreneur in accordance with the consumer's specifications;
- That are clearly personal in nature;
- That cannot be returned due to their nature;
- That can spoil or age quickly;
- Whose price depends on fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- For individual newspapers and magazines;
- For audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal;
- For hygienic products of which the consumer has broken the seal;
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
- Relating to accommodation, transport, restaurant business or leisure activities to be performed on a certain date or during a certain period;
- Whose delivery has begun with the express consent of the consumer before the cooling-off period has expired;
- Concerning bets and lotteries.
- During the validity period stated in the offer, the prices of the products and / or services offered are not increased, except for price changes as a result of changes in VAT rates.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur can offer products or services with variable prices that are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any stated prices are target prices are stated in the offer.
- Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
- These are the result of statutory regulations or provisions;
- The consumer has the authority to cancel the agreement with effect from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
- The prices stated in the range of products or services include VAT;
- All prices are subject to printing and typing errors. No liability is accepted for the consequences of printing and typesetting errors. The entrepreneur is not obliged to deliver the product at the wrong price for printing and typing errors;
Conformity and Warranty
- The trader guarantees that the products and / or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and / or usability and the date of the conclusion of the agreement existing legal provisions and / or government regulations. If agreed, the entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
- A guarantee provided by the entrepreneur, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that the consumer can assert against the entrepreneur under the agreement.
- Any defects or incorrectly delivered products must be reported in writing to the entrepreneur within 4 weeks after delivery. Return of the products must be in the original packaging and in new condition.
- The guarantee period of the entrepreneur corresponds to the factory guarantee period. However, the entrepreneur is never responsible for the ultimate suitability of the products for each individual application by the consumer, nor for any advice regarding the use or application of the products.
- The warranty does not apply if:
- The consumer has repaired and / or modified the delivered products himself or had them repaired and / or modified by third parties;
- The delivered products have been exposed to abnormal circumstances or are otherwise carelessly treated or are contrary to the instructions of the entrepreneur and / or have been treated on the packaging;
- The defectiveness is wholly or partly the result of regulations that the government has or will set with regard to the nature or quality of the materials used.
Delivery and implementation
- The trader will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing requests for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
- Taking into account what is stated about this in paragraph 4 of this article, the company will execute accepted orders with due speed, though at the latest within 30 days, unless the consumer has agreed to a longer delivery period. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than 30 days after he has placed the order. In that case the consumer has the right to terminate the agreement without costs. The consumer is not entitled to compensation.
- All delivery times are indicative. The consumer cannot derive any rights from any specified periods. Exceeding a term does not entitle the consumer to compensation.
- In the event of termination in accordance with paragraph 3 of this article, the trader will refund the amount paid by the consumer as soon as possible, but no later than within 14 days after termination.
- If delivery of the ordered product appears to be impossible, the entrepreneur will endeavor to make a replacement item available. At the latest at the time of delivery, it will be stated in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement item will be delivered. For replacement items right of withdrawal can not be excluded. The costs of a possible return shipment are at the expense of the entrepreneur.
- The risk of damage and / or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer or a representative designated in advance and made known to the entrepreneur, unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
Duration transactions: duration, cancellation and extension
- The consumer can cancel an agreement that has been entered into for an indefinite period of time and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, with due observance of the agreements agreed for this purpose cancellation rules and a cancellation period of one month at most.
- The consumer can at all times terminate an agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services with due observance of the agreed termination rules and a cancellation period of one month at most.
- The consumer can the agreements mentioned in the previous paragraphs;
- o cancel at any time and not be limited to cancellation at a specific time or during a specific period;
- o cancel at least in the same way as they are entered into by him;
- o Always cancel with the same cancellation period as the entrepreneur has stipulated for himself.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period of time and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a specific duration.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, a contract that has been entered into for a definite period of time and that extends to the regular delivery of daily, weekly and weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly renewed for a specific duration of a maximum of three months, if the consumer extended this can terminate the agreement by the end of the extension with a notice period of at most one month.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products or services may only be tacitly renewed for an indefinite period if the consumer may cancel at any time with a notice period of at most one month and a notice period of a maximum of three months if the agreement extends to the regular, but less than once a month, delivery of daily news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
- An agreement with a limited duration for the regular delivery of daily newspapers, news and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is not tacitly continued and automatically ends after the trial or introductory period.
- If an agreement has a duration of more than one year, the consumer may cancel the agreement at any time after one year with a cancellation period of at most one month, unless reasonableness and fairness are against cancellation before the end of the agreed duration. resist.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within 7 working days after the start of the reflection period as referred to in Article 6 paragraph 1. In the case of an agreement to grant a service, this period starts after the consumer has received the confirmation of the agreement.
- The consumer has the duty to immediately report inaccuracies in payment data provided or specified to the entrepreneur.
- In the event of a default on the part of the consumer, the entrepreneur has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the consumer reasonable costs incurred in advance.
- The entrepreneur has a well-publicized complaints and deals with complaints under this procedure.
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be fully and clearly described and submitted to the entrepreneur within 7 days, after the consumer has found the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within a period of 14 days with a message of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved in mutual consultation, a dispute arises that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
- A complaint does not suspend the obligations of the entrepreneur, unless the entrepreneur indicates otherwise in writing.
- If a complaint is found to be justified by the entrepreneur, the entrepreneur will replace or repair the delivered products or repair them free of charge.